Thatcher Leather Wingback Chair
Top-grain leather is aniline dyed with a Black hue that will lighten and soften with use and time and will develop a rich patina.
- Fabric and Color: Leather, BlackShipping Availability: Quick Ship: Delivered in 2-4 Weeks to Major Metropolitan Areas
The wingback chairs created by Thomas Chippendale in the 18th century were defined by their camelbacks, oversized wings, and scrolling arms. Our take retains all the fine points of the originals, creating an armchair that’s destined to become an heirloom.
- Features attractive nailhead accents.
- Roll arms.
- Legs are a fixed part of the frame and are finished in Espresso.
- Tight back seat cushion.
- Polyester-wrapped cushions for a firmer feel.
- Corner-blocked frame with mortise-and-tenon joinery provides exceptional structural integrity.
- No-sag steel sinuous springs provide cushion support.
- Adjustable levelers provide stability on uneven floors.
- Top-grain, aniline-dyed. Leather will lighten and soften with both use and time and develop a rich patina.
- Leather is a natural product. Variation in color and texture are inherent to each hide; no two pieces are exactly alike.
- Overall: 31" wide x 35" deep x 41" high
- Inside Seating: 19" wide x 20.5" deep x 20" high
- Arm: 25.5" high
- Weight: 50 pounds
- Packaging Dimensions & Weight: 33" wide x 35" deep x 43" high; 69.5 pounds
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Never use detergents, polishes, preservers or saddle soap. They can remove natural oils.
- Dust or vacuum for routine maintenance.
- Do not place in direct sunlight; it will lighten or discolor leather over time.
- Dab spills immediately with a soft white cloth dampened in a water solution (3 parts water, 1 part gentle soap). If spill penetrates leather, use lukewarm water and a soft white cloth to massage stain and surrounding area. Blot with a dry cloth and allow leather to air dry.
- Most surface scratches will fade over time if you rub them with your fingertips. Friction and heat from rubbing help to redistribute wax in surrounding areas to cover the scratch. Not all scratches have the same depth, and this may not work on deeper scratches.
Composition & Construction
- Our leather upholstered products are constructed from semi-aniline leather. The full-grain or top-grain leathers are soaked in transparent nontoxic dye, with no subsequent pigmented finish coats applied. Dye penetrates the hides, letting the natural grain show through.
- Semi-anilines have natural markings that vary from hide to hide. They also have color variations due to the leather’s ability to accept dyes differently in various areas of a hide. Markings and shading distinguish genuine leather from man-made materials. Appreciating shade differences among hides also means appreciating them on individual furniture pieces, because no two pieces can be produced from a single hide.
- Our leathers appeal to customers who find the natural color variations, markings, and patina of pure aniline leathers unique and beautiful. They may not appeal to customers who want uniform color and surface commonly seen on less expensive leathers that are heavily corrected and pigmented.
QUICK SHIP: DELIVERED IN 2-4 WEEKS TO MAJOR METROPOLITAN AREAS
There is no additional charge for Quick Ship delivery. This service is subject to product availability at the time of shipping. You can return eligible item(s) within 30 days of receiving an order or 7 days for Quick Ship upholstery items for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required.
We have a firm commitment to quality. We take great pride in our timeless designs, premium materials, and expert craftsmanship.
We design nearly every furniture item in-house. We use strong and beautiful materials to make long-lasting products. We partner with fabric industry leaders to ensure safe upholstered furniture for you and your family.
THE HAND OF THE ARTIST
Nearly all of our products are imagined and designed in our San Francisco studios. Our artist's hand-create prototypes for everything from seasonal dinnerware to patchwork quilts to lighting.
people are currently looking at this product
Guaranteed Safe Checkout